The 2022 MEST Africa Challenge is now accepting applications!
The 2022 MEST Africa Challenge is inviting pre-seed and seed stage technology startups from Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, Nigeria, and South Africa to contest for a chance to raise USD 50,000 in funding, among other prizes. MAC presents a unique opportunity to build valuable networks and gain international visibility, crucial for a growing business.
Under the theme: #BetterBusiness, the startups from these countries go through 3 stages:
- Stage 1 — online application and screening,
- Stage 2 — regional finals in each country and
- Stage 3 — final Demo Day Pitch event in Accra Ghana on December 1st, 2022.
The ultimate winner walks away with a grand prize of equity funding worth USD 50,000. This year, MAC is partnering with Absa Bank, Africa’s leading financial service provider.
“We are excited to bring back this competition to give more African Startups a platform to showcase and build on their unique value in an era where African startups and innovations are taking center stage and gaining global recognition and investments. We look forward to an invigorating season that will increase the drive towards building better business in Africa.” MEST Africa’s Director of Portfolio, Melissa Nsiah said.
”We are always excited to be at the forefront of supporting the technological revolution in Africa. We are committed to giving access and opportunities to young startups determined to make a difference in society. It speaks to our identity as a bank. We want to always impact, create value and make our customers and clients successful.” Grace Anim-Yeboah, Director of Business Banking at Absa Bank said.
The competition has received thousands of applications from around the continent since its inception and has invested USD 350,000 in equity investment to technology startups as they build and scale businesses on the continent. It has spotlighted and impacted the growth of winning startups such as Tanzania’s Kilimo Fresh, Ghana’s OZE, South Africa’s Snode Technologies, Kenya’s Waya Waya, and Nigeria’s Accounteer.
Eligibility Criteria for MAC 2022:
- Pre-seed or seed-stage (have raised USD 100k total or less cumulatively since inception)
- Currently generating revenue
- Can demonstrate traction in one or more of the five MAC Markets (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Senegal)
- Has been in operation for 2 years or less
- Tech-enabled (software company)
- Industry agnostic
- Any business model (B2B, B2C, B2B2C, B2G, etc)
Key benefits of the program:
- Funding of up to USD 50,000
- Perk prizes from MEST Strategic Partners
- Global visibility
- Build your networks
- Professional coaching
- Mentorship from experts
- Join the global MEST Community for lifetime benefits
Click here to apply. Applications close on the 30th of August 2022.