Telkom Kenya last week introduced T-Kash App, an easy-to-use mobile money wallet that brings a wider service offering on its digital financial services platform to its customers.
Following competitors and moving from the mundane USSD module, Telkom users can
now send, receive money and pay bills faster than ever before on a modern app with an
“The launch of the T-Kash App is the culmination of extensive research on evolving customer trends, anchored on the need for simplicity, security, availability, and a diversified service offering. The App was designed using a human-centered design approach with the user’s experience being the defining factor.” Telkom Kenya CEO Mugo Kibati said while unveiling the app.
“The result is an easy-to-navigate platform that seeks to simplify a customer’s experience with respect to mobile financial services. On the back of design research that we conducted, the T-Kash App responds to Kenyans’ desire for a simple, easy-to-use mobile money platform. We are currently working on additional loyalty features that are guided by feedback from our customers.”
After using the app for a few days, here are:-
Our Favorite Features on the T-Kash App
- The blue user interface (UI) is easy and smooth to navigate.
- After the first login, you don’t have to have your Sim card on the phone to
transact, the T-Kash app can also be used on multiple devices.
- You don’t have to use Telkom data to use the T-Kash app which means you can
transact on your Wi-Fi network. Convenience
- You can now easily confirm user details from any telco while sending money
before entering your pin for safer transactions.
- Sending money from your T-Kash to a Bank has never been easier, The T-Kash
app lists over 25 available Banks for you to select so all you need is an account
number, forget the swift Keys.
- The T-Kash app also sorts your favorite and most used Paybill numbers for ease
so you don’t have to memorize them
- The T-Kash App offers T-Kash codes that have enabled the telco to drop the use
of agent numbers when making withdrawals or till and pay bill numbers when
buying goods or paying for services/products, which I found very useful. You can
develop a one-time code on the app which is then entered by an agent/merchant
on their devices to complete a transaction.
- The ability to fund your T-Kash account from M-Pesa just within the app is also
Features We Want to See on the T-Kash App
- While using the App, I noticed it doesn’t support biometrics for security and
authenticating payments, this would be a good addition.
- The App also lacks support for QR code scanning to quickly complete
While the App mainly focuses on Telkom’s Mobile money platform, it also includes all
the favorite features from the older MyTelkom app which means you can check your
airtime balance, buy data, voice, and SMS, check your Ziada points and even locate
Telkom Shops right on the app.