HabariPay, a subsidiary of Guaranty Trust Holding Company that provides payment solutions to businesses has launched a new product, Squad, a digital payments platform to provide customers with the tools to do business digitally.
“At Squad, we provide business owners with the tools they need to thrive in a digital economy while also promoting their business and introducing them to a market beyond their current reach. We have built a reliable, secure, and affordable payment platform that will make receiving in-person and online payments simpler.” The company states.
Out with the old, in with the new 🤝
— Squad (@OfficialSquadCo) June 3, 2022
Squad’s products and services will include:
- Payment Gateway: Customers can start accepting payments in 15 minutes with Squad’s easy and seamless integration. They can also choose their preferred payment method and increase conversion rates.
- Payment Links: Here, you create a dynamic payment experience and start accepting payments easily, quickly, and securely
- SquadPOS: You can easily turn your mobile device into a card machine and start accepting card payments anytime, anywhere, and on the go.
- E-Commerce: Set your online store with no coding or design skills and sell your products or services to your customers wherever they are
- Virtual accounts: Create a virtual business to accept payments
“Payments are central to the development of financial services globally and represent a key growth area for the Group… GTCO Plc has been at the forefront of delivering cutting-edge innovative solutions with its banking franchise and would leverage this capacity to transform the evolving payment space. with HabariPay, we have successfully created more value for our stakeholders.“ Commenting on the new subsidiary, Mr. Segun Agbaje, Group Chief Executive Officer of GTCO Plc said:
“Our vision is an Africa where every payment is digital, and we hope to achieve this by increasingly leveraging technology to improve access to financial devices for individuals and empower businesses across Africa with the right digital tools to thrive”
Guaranty Trust Bank plc, initially launched Habari, a platform for music, shopping, lifestyle content, and more in 2018
Squad will be competing with the likes of Interswitch, Paystack, and Flutterwave in the same fintech space.