Over the years, I have shifted from native apps to web apps, this is because they’re easy to run and having apps as tabs on my chrome is really neat. However, this hasn’t stopped WhatsApp from releasing a native desktop app fordeveloping one for .
This new offering joins WhatsApp Web, an app for browsers, and WhatsApp Desktop, a web-based desktop app. Since the new app is native as opposed to web-based, it should be faster and more reliable, according to a post on the company’s Help Center.
How to get the WhatsApp desktop app for Windows
If you’re interested in downloading the new desktop app for Windows and linking it to your, here’s what to do.
- Download the app on your Windows device from the Microsoft Store, it’s about 160Mbs
- Open the WhatsApp mobile app to link your account. If you’re on an , tap Settings. If you’re on an , tap More options.
- click on Linked Devices
- Scan the QR code on the desktop app with your phone and voila!
What’s New in the Native App?
- Increased reliability and speed
- Designed and optimized for your desktop operating system
- Continue to receive notifications and messages even when your phone is offline