Kenyans can now borrow money from the Hustlers Fund after its official unveiling by President William Ruto on Wednesday.
The fund consists of 4 products: Personal Finance, Micro Loans, SME Loans, and Startup Loans
Personal loans are live and range between Sh500 and Sh50,000, with the repayment period being 14 days. The interest rate on the loan is eight percent annually.
“The Hustlers Fund will give every hustler a second chance. Unlike other loan schemes, the Hustlers Fund will not require [lengthy] application [processes], just your mobile phone,” said President Ruto during the launch at the Greenpark Terminus in Nairobi.
How to Borrow From the Hustler Fund:
- Dial *254# on your Safaricom, Airtel, or Telkom Line
- Insert your ID and pin number and select the loan that best suits you.
- If you want to use Safaricom Open the M-Pesa App
- Select the Growth Tab.
- On the discover more category, Select Hustler Fund
- You will see your loan limit
- Select the amount you want to borrow and enter your PIN
It is important to note that 5% of your loan will be automatically deducted and added to your savings where it will gain interest.
Other products like those with micro-enterprises will get loans between Sh50,000 and Sh500,000 as soon as they are live.
Startups are also in for a treat with the government already giving Twiga Foods a Sh300 million loan for onward lending to suppliers and customers through the Hustler Fund as the new administration gears to boost small enterprises.