Booking train tickets has never been easier, no more physical booking or ling queues are necessary, you can easily book your Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) tickets online or via USSD anytime in Kenya at your own convenience and Pay with MPesa and get your booking confirmed in real-time.
How to book SGR train online
- Open metickets.krc.co.ke on your browser.
- Pick your preferred train (Madaraka Express for the afternoon or SGR intercounty for morning travel)
- Choose your starting station i.e Mombasa, Athi River, Emali, Kibwezi, Miaseny, Mariakani, Mtito Andei, Voi, or Nairobi.
- Type in or Select your desired destination (Nairobi, Voi, Mtito Andei, Mariakani, Miaseny, Kibwezi, Emali, Athi River or Mombasa).
- Pick your travel date
- Select the coach type and indicate the number of passengers
- Enter the passenger details.
- Select the payment option (Mpesa)
How To buy SGR Tickets Via USSD Code (Safaricom)
- Dial *639#
- pick your desired train (County Train – Morning or Express Train – Afternoon)
- Follow the prompts and Pay Via M-Pesa
- You will get an Account Number on your confirmation SMS
- Lastly, on the travel date, you will print the ticket(s) at the station using your mobile and account number.
Apart from being cheaper, the train travel takes about 5 hours 55 Minutes for morning trains and about 5 hrs for the afternoon express train.