Instagram has finally rolled out the ability to download publicly posted Reels to your camera roll. This is a major update that will allow users to share Reels content more easily and widely.
How to Download Instagram Reels to Your Phone
- Open the Instagram app and find the Reel you want to download.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the Reel.
- Select “Download.”
- The Reel will be saved to your camera roll.
Here are some things to keep in mind when downloading Reels:
- Only public Reels can be downloaded.
- Creators can opt out of allowing their Reels to be downloaded.
- If the Reel contains music, the audio may not be downloaded.
- The download process may take a few seconds.\
The ability to download Reels to your camera roll is a major update that will have several benefits for users and creators.
For users, it will make it easier to share Reels content with others outside of Instagram. This could include sharing Reels on social media platforms, messaging apps, or even email.
In the US, we’re rolling out the ability to download reels shared by public accounts to your camera roll. Just tap the ‘Share’ icon on a reel you love and selected ‘Download’.
Adam Mosseri, CEO, Instagram
For creators, it will help to increase the reach of their content. When users download Instagram Reels, they are more likely to watch it again later. This can lead to more views, likes, and shares for the creator.
Reels have been the point of focus to drive growth and revenue for Meta in the last few quarters. During its Q1 2023 earnings call, Mark Zuckerberg said time spent on Instagram grew by 24% thanks to AI-powered Reels recommendations.
I hope this article helps you download Instagram Reels to your camera roll. If you have any other questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.