Instagram ads are annoyingly showing after every organic post or story, you can’t get very far scrolling through your feed or your stories without an ad bombarding you with whatever it’s trying to sell — from clothing to gaming apps to furniture.
Not all ads are a problem, but some certainly are, especially for kids (and grown-ups) who don’t need to see constant weight loss ads. If you don’t want to see a specific ad anymore, there’s a way to limit them.
How to limit specific Instagram ads
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top right of the page.
- Tap Settings.
- About halfway down the list, select Ads.
- Tap Ad Topics. From there, you’ll see a very long list of ad topics based on your activity.
- Tap on the right-hand arrow and click See Less to get fewer ads about that particular topic. Advertisers won’t be able to target you based on your interest.
You can also choose to search for a specific topic that you’re tired of seeing — like weight loss diets — and follow the same instructions.