Kenyans can perform Motor vehicle searches online thanks to NTSA Motor vehicle Search and other services platform TIMs.
This comes in handy when buying a locally used vehicle to get to know the history of the car, or maybe you’re a money lending organizations that use logbooks as collateral, performing vehicle checks will prevent fraud.
How to Perform a Motor Vehicle Search Online in Kenya Via NTSA TIMs
This service is not free. To perform a motor vehicle search, you will pay Sh550.
- Log in to your eCitizen account.
- Select National Transport Safety Authority (NTSA) and click on “Get Service Now”.
- Select “Make Application”
- Select “Vehicle registration”
- Choose “Search for a motor vehicle (copy of files)”
- Click Apply Now and enter the vehicle registration number without space, for example, KDA557A.
- Select your payment method and follow the instructions on the website to download the requested registration information.
NOTE: The NTSA motor vehicle Search copy of records provides you with the details listed below that will enable you to confirm with the seller’s documents before purchase:
- Vehicle Model,
- Body Type,
- Chassis No,
- Engine Number No,
- Year Of Manufacture,
- Name Of Owner,