Microsoft and Samsung announced during the launch of the Galaxy Note 20 in August 2020 that the Your Phone app would soon support running multiple android apps on Windows, Microsoft has now started rolling out the feature to all users with select Samsung smartphones.
Also Read: Video: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Hands-On
The ‘YourPhone’ allows you to stream applications from your smartphone to your PC. Like an emulator, the app lets you launch Android applications from your smartphone via Your Phone in a separate window on your PC, pin them to the taskbar and Start menu and use them like native Windows apps.
How To Run Android Apps On Windows 10 Using ‘YourPhone’ App
In order to run multiple apps from your Samsung device via Your Phone on Windows, you will need:
- The latest Windows 10 May 2020 update or later.
- At least 8GB of RAM on your Windows PC
- The latest version of Your Phone app on your Windows PC with version 1.20102.132.0 or higher
- Your Phone companion app to link Windows with your Samsung device that you can download the Google Play store
- Both the phone and PC should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Open the Your Phone app on your Windows PC
- Select Android on the first prompt
- On your supported Samsung smartphone, head over to Settings > Advanced Features and head to Link to Windows
- Enable the service and tap on Add Computer and use the phone’s camera to scan the QR code displayed on the Your Phone app on your PC
- Sign in to your Microsoft account and wait for a confirmation
- You should now be able to see your phone on the Your Phone PC app
- Head over to the Apps section on the left to get access to all apps installed on your phone
You can now run android apps on your Windows PC