After expanding the availability of its ChatGP app for users in Nigeria, Algeria, Ghana, and 30 more countries, OpenAI has now made the iOS App available to download in Kenya.
OpenAI’s ChatGPT has long been accessible on the web and has previously been made available on iOS through multiple third-party apps, many of which are just scam apps but the legitimate app gives users a safe way to use ChatGPT on the go.
In the first six days since its initial availability in the U.S. on May 18th, the ChatGPT mobile app crossed the mark of half a million downloads, according to data shared by app intelligence firm data.ai. This achievement makes it one of the highest-performing new apps. The app also outperformed other AI and chatbot apps as well as Microsoft Edge and Bing apps in the U.S. in terms of downloads since its launch, per data.ai.
OpenAI says that the ChatGPT App will help with all of the following:
- Instant answers: Get precise information without sifting through ads or multiple results.
- Tailored advice: Seek guidance on cooking, travel plans, or crafting thoughtful messages.
- Creative inspiration: Generate gift ideas, outline presentations, or write the perfect poem.
- Professional input: Boost productivity with idea feedback, note summarization, and technical topic assistance.
- Learning opportunities: Explore new languages, modern history, and more at your own pace.
The ChatGPT app, is available for free download and excludes ads, lets users interact with the generative AI-based chatbot using their iPhone. It also supports voice input through OpenAI’s a speech recognition system Whisper and lets ChatGPT Plus users access advanced features through GPT-4. Further, users can also subscribe to the ChatGPT Plus service, which costs $20 per month in the U.S., directly through the iOS app.