Safaricom recently launched a new revamped utility app with a bunch of new features and a better UI, however, the app was not password protected, now Safaricom have rolled out an update with biometric protection.
On Smartphone devices with fingerprints as a biometric protection option, you will now be able to lock and unlock the app.
Users can also opt for facial recognition to log into the app.
The new update also gives you access to Bonga points, the loyalty scheme that the telco offers PrePay and PostPay subscribers.
You will now be able to redeem the loyalty points online straight from the app.
The new MySafaricom app is a feature rich multipurpose app, here are some things you can do on the app.
- Users can use the app via a Wi-Fi connection to access the app, Safaricom also claims that using a Safaricom Sim card, data consumed on the app is free.
- Users can use Mpesa services without having the sim card number registered on the app physically being in the device as Mpesa PIN can be entered entirely on the app without the requirement of the sim toolkit.
- You can Share M-PESA messages without revealing your wallet balance.
- You can access detailed M-PESA statements with graphs etc.,
- To top up, you can scan a scratch card instead of dialing the numbers manually or downloading a third-party app.
- Users can buy and read local daily newspapers right from the app.
- Better post-pay interface.
- Users also get free 500 MBs when they first install the MySafaricom app from the playstore.