- The T9 is Samsung’s first Portable SSD featuring a USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 interface, delivering increased productivity with up to 2,000 MB/s read/write speeds
- Two times faster than previous models, users can transfer a 4GB video in two seconds
- Maximum capacity of up to 4TB offers ample storage for pro-grade content
SINGAPORE – Media OutReach – 13 October 2023 – Samsung Electronics, a global leader in advanced memory technology, announced the release of its latest lineup of the T- series, the Portable Solid State Drive (SSD) T9 in Singapore. With its stylish and portable design, the T9 is built to keep data safe while on-the-go, empowering users with fast transfer speeds and ample storage, and providing the reliability and convenience they need.
“With advances in high-resolution photos and the rising popularity of 4K videos, professional content creators now face the necessity of transferring large amounts of data on a frequent basis,” said Hangu Sohn, Vice President of Memory Brand Product Biz Team at Samsung Electronics. “The T9 offers a solution for professionals to alleviate the challenges that come with managing their data, and Samsung will continue to provide optimised memory solutions that enable professionals to fully concentrate on achieving their creative potential.”
Superior Performance and Massive Storage Capacity
The T9 offers maximum sequential read/write speeds of 2,000 megabytes-per-second (MB/s) on the USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 interface. Approximately two times faster than the previous model T7, speeds of this level allow users to transfer a 4-gigabyte (GB) Full HD video in nearly two seconds.
The T9 comes in three different capacity options to fit the needs of every creator. With 1-terabyte (TB), 2TB and 4TB varieties, the T9 makes it possible to complete quick and frequent transfers while providing ample storage for large volumes of data. Its compact size, similar to that of a credit card, allows creators to carry their inspiration wherever they go with the least of limitations on their creative process.
Luxury Added to Ruggedness
The T9 delivers not only functional advantages, but also unique design benefits under the concept of ‘luxury added to ruggedness’ based on the ‘rugged’ design concept of the T7 Shield. The curved diagonal lines and reverse carbon patterns on the surface of T9 gives the rubber a fabric-like feel for the user, like a luxurious wallet.
Unmatched Reliability and Thermal Control
Professional creators push the boundaries of what’s possible, and their data is invaluable. Resistant to drops of up to three meters high and guaranteed with a five-year limited warranty, the Portable SSD T9’s sturdy design is built to keep data safe with the reliability that users need and empowers them to pursue their most ambitious projects.
For creators who require fast and efficient large file transfers without slowdowns, the T9 is the perfect companion. With Samsung’s Dynamic Thermal Guard, it efficiently minimises the performance drops that can be caused by overheating, ensuring consistent and fast transfer speeds. Moreover, the T9 is designed in compliance with the international safety standard IEC 62368-1, making it an ideal choice for a wide range of demanding tasks with minimal heat transfer.
Manage T9 with Samsung Magician Software 8.0
The Samsung Magician software provides an enhanced experience for users through features such as performance benchmark, security functions, firmware updates and real time health status check. Firmware update is a very important feature for memory products, and Magician software is ready to solve any field issues that might occur. With the new 8.0 version released in September 2023, all Samsung software such as Data migration, PSSD software, Card authentication tool, will be integrated to Magician software and the OS support range will be expanded, for Windows, Mac, and Android user convenience.
With proven experience in Portable SSD compatibility, Samsung has designed the T9 to meet the USB Type-C power spec and to support the seamless workflow of professional creators. This has enhanced compatibility across operating systems such as Windows, macOS, smartphones and tablets, gaming consoles and professional high-resolution cameras. The T9 also comes with USB Type C-to-C and USB Type C-to-A cables.
Local Availability and Pricing
The Portable SSD T9 series will be available on Samsung Online Store, Lazada, Shopee, and major consumer electronics retailers starting 16 October 2023.
|Portable SSD T9 1TB
|Portable SSD T9 2TB
|Portable SSD T9 4TB
|Samsung Portable SSD T9 Product Specifications
|USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 (20Gbps)
|88 x 60 x 14mm
|Sequential Read 3)
|Up to 2,000 MB/sec
|Up to 2,000 MB/sec
|Up to 2,000 MB/sec
|Sequential Write 3)
|Up to 1,950 MB/sec
|Up to 1,950 MB/sec
|Up to 2,000 MB/sec
|Drop Resistant 4)
|Up to 3m
|AES 256-bit hardware encryption
|Samsung Magician Software
|Operating System 6)
|Windows®, macOS®, Android™
|PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones
|0°C to 60°C
|-40°C to 85°C
|5% to 95% non-condensing
|1,500G, duration: 0.5ms, 3 axis
|CE, BSMI, KC, VCCI, RCM, FCC, IC, UL, TUV, CB, EAC, UKCA, BIS
|Five (5) Year Limited Warranty
1) 1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes, 1TB=1,000,000,000,000 bytes. Lower capacity may be demonstrated by your computer due to use of a different measurement standard.
2) The actual product weight and size may vary depending on the product’s capacity and measurement method.
3) Performance may vary depending on host configuration, cable and user system environment. To reach maximum sequential read/write speeds of up to 2,000 MB/s, respectively, the host device and connection cables must support USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 and the UASP mode must be enabled.
Test system configuration: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI, Intel i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 MHz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s) / DDR4 8GB DRAM frequency1132.3 MHz / Win 11 Pro
4) Based on an internal free fall shock test conducted under controlled conditions. Drop resistance may vary depending on the actual environmental conditions. Damage caused by drop is not covered under warranty.
Test condition: Device was dropped free-fall to a metal plate from 3-meter height.
No warranty is provided for any physical damage.
5) Samsung Magician software is available in Windows®, macOS® and Android™. It requires Windows® 7 and higher, macOS® High Sierra (10.13.6) and higher, or Android™ 5.1 (Lollipop) and higher. Older versions of the Windows®, macOS®, and Android™ operating systems may not be supported.
6) Compatibility with host devices may vary. Some operating systems may require T9 reformatting. T9 is backward compatible with USB 3.2, USB 3.1, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.
7) Temperature is measured at the hottest point on the case. Sufficient airflow is recommended to be operated properly on heavier workload within device operating temperature.
8) The LED component of the T9 is warranted for five (5) years of typical use, typical use for the purposes of this warranty defined as four (4) hours of operation per day at temperatures of 40℃ or below. For more information on the warranty, please visit https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/warranty
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at news.samsung.com.