Starlink, the satellite internet constellation project from SpaceX, has finally launched in Kenya. This is a major milestone for Starlink, as it expands its reach to a new continent.
Starlink is designed to provide high-speed, low-latency internet access to people in rural and remote areas where traditional internet infrastructure is limited or unavailable. The system consists of a network of thousands of satellites in low Earth orbit (LEO), which can provide continuous and reliable internet coverage.
Starlink for sale in Kenya!
Note, buying a Starlink with global roaming allows you to travel almost anywhere. https://t.co/Gg8krpPpwY
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 18, 2023
How Much Will Starlink Cost in Kenya?
The cost of Starlink in Kenya is as follows:
- Hardware: 89,000 KES
- Shipping and handling: 3,100 KES
- Monthly subscription: 6,500 KES
The total cost of Starlink in Kenya is 92,100 KES. This is a significant investment, but it could be worth it for those who live in areas where traditional internet access is limited or unreliable.
Starlink is already available for pre-order in Kenya, and it is expected to start shipping in the coming weeks.
The launch of Starlink in Kenya is a major development for the country’s digital infrastructure. It will provide much-needed internet access to people in rural and remote areas, and it will help to bridge the digital divide.
Karibu Connect is the first authorized reseller of Starlink in Kenya. The company offers a variety of packages, including a monthly subscription, a yearly subscription, and a lifetime subscription.
John Thuo, the CEO of Karibu Connect, expressed his enthusiasm about the partnership with Starlink. He said, “Our partnership with Starlink is a significant progression in our mission to deliver affordable, high-quality internet access to all corners of Kenya. The deployment of Starlink’s groundbreaking technology will revolutionize how rural Kenya engages with the global community, fostering societal progress and driving economic growth.”
The launch of Starlink in Kenya is a major milestone for the country’s digital infrastructure. It will provide much-needed internet access to people in rural and remote areas, and it will help to bridge the digital divide. This is a positive development for Kenya, and it is likely to have a significant impact on the country’s economy and society.
Here are some of the benefits of Starlink in Kenya:
- High-speed internet access: Starlink can provide download speeds of up to 200 Mbps, which is significantly faster than traditional internet services in Kenya.
- Low latency: Starlink has a latency of around 20 milliseconds, which is comparable to fiber optic internet. This makes it ideal for online gaming and other latency-sensitive applications. However, when ordering for Starlink in Kenya, it is important to note that Starlink states Users will be able to engage in common internet activities like email, online shopping, or streaming a movie, but they won’t be able to engage in activities like online gaming or video calls.
- Reliability: Starlink is a satellite-based internet service, which means that it is not susceptible to weather conditions or network congestion. This makes it a reliable option for people who live in rural areas or who experience frequent power outages.
Overall, Starlink is a promising new option for internet access in Kenya. It offers several benefits over traditional internet services, and it is a reliable option for people who live in rural areas.