TikTok has announced the first eight winners of the TikTok Top Creator 2022 Awards across Sub-Saharan Africa. The awards, which recognize the immense talent and creativity of content creators on the platform, were announced at an award ceremony held at the Mövenpick Hotel & Residences Nairobi in Kenya.
Boniswa Sidwaba, TikTok’s head of content programming in Sub-Saharan Africa, said, “This award ceremony is TikTok’s way of recognizing storytellers, creativity, and the positive impact all creators bring to the TikTok community. We are thrilled to be celebrating our creators who have been a driving force behind some of the exciting trends for 2022.”
TikTok Top Creator 2022 Awards Winners
The winners were chosen after an eight-day-long public voting process on the app across Southern, West, and East Africa. The winners are as follows:
- TikTok Top Creator 2022 West Africa Winner: @e4ma from Nigeria
- TikTok Top Creator 2022 West Africa Runner Up: @berby_picxy from Nigeria
- TikTok Top Creator 2022 Southern Africa Winner: @Pilot_onthegram from South Africa
- TikTok Top Creator 2022 Southern Africa Runner Up: @.lindokuhle_khoza from South Africa
- TikTok Top Creator 2022 East Africa Winner: @natasha_gwal from Kenya
- TikTok Top Creator 2022 East Africa Runner Up: @beautyby.nita from Kenya
Overall Top Creator Award
In addition to the publicly-voted category, the winner and runner-up of the overall Top Creator Award across Sub-Saharan Africa were also announced. They are:
- TikTok Top Creator 2022 Sub-Saharan Africa Winner: @theroamingchef from Kenya. The roaming chef is former Kenya 7s rugby player turned food vlogger, Dennis Ombachi
- TikTok Top Creator 2022 Sub-Saharan Africa Runner Up: @charityekezie from Nigeria
The winners of the #TopCreator2022 Awards demonstrate the wealth of talent and creativity on the TikTok platform in Sub-Saharan Africa, and the awards serve as a way to recognize and reward these creators for their contributions to the community. TikTok aims to encourage these creators to continue telling the African story and spreading joy through their content.