Everything in our lives now revolves around tech, tech-based jobs are hence becoming a necessity. According to research by PWC, there is a lack of skills in the technology field in Africa, an issue that has 87pc of local CEOs worried.
There are a lot of jobs in the tech industry to consider and learn skills that could set you up for life, however, here is a list of the top five tech jobs.
1. Software engineer
Software developers develop well, software. These are people who come up with new and creative ideas for programs.
There are two types of software developers
- Developers of applications software: Applications software developers write software for specific computer programs. Those could be games, word processors, or even software that is made to be sold to people, like a company that makes software.
- Software developers for systems: It’s the job of systems software developers to make operating systems that keep software programs running smoothly. This job is more about coming up with solutions for big businesses, like software for industrial, military, healthcare, scientific, and general computing applications.
2. Java developer
In a Statista report from 2021, nearly two-thirds of software developers around the world use Java as a programming language, which is a lot. The reason Java developers are so in demand is that they can do so many things! If you love technology and want to work as a Java developer, look no further than this job. An expert in Java programming is called a Java Developer. He or She designs builds and manages Java-based applications and software. With most big businesses using Java to build software systems and backend services, a Java developer is one of the most sought-after jobs in the world right now.
3. Enterprise Architect
Enterprise architects or EAs, help businesses plan for the future by developing a long-term IT plan that will help them achieve their goals. Based on technical standards, they give the organization’s technology and application roadmap. Because they make sure that every step in the technological flow is written down, they have to make sure everything runs smoothly from start to finish.
4. Data Scientist / Data Engineer
Data drives today’s world. Data has the power to unlock the success of every business. It can help businesses come up with new ideas and make better decisions. As we know, data has changed the world so much that it’s impossible to function without the insights that come from data in any field.
With the rise of data, there are now a lot of jobs and jobs that deal with data all over the world. By 2020, 28% of all digital occupations will be accounted for by Data Science, according to an industry report. They make a lot of money because of how quickly data is being made and how important it is to be able to make sense of it. However, the same report also shows that there isn’t a lot of good talent in this field.
- A Data Scientist uses advanced data techniques, like clustering, neural networks, decision trees, and the like, to get business insights from the data that they work with.
- Data Engineers are the link between data analysts and data scientists. They help them get their information.. As a data engineer, you will be in charge of putting together and preparing data for operational or analytical use.
5. Full-stack web developer (Design and UX)
A full-stack web developer is someone who works on both the front and back ends of an application or website. They also work on everything else in between. They can work with any kind of stack, whether it’s for mobile, web, or native apps.
- Front-end developers work with the parts of an app or website that people can see, like the features that people interact with.
The UX designer
The UX designer is responsible for ensuring that every aspect of the Beautify experience is smooth and enjoyable for the user. Is the website easy to navigate? Can customers quickly find what they are looking for? Is the checkout process straightforward? Based on user research, the UX designer finds out who Beautify’s target customers are, what they need and expect from the Beautify shopping experience, and where their pain points and frustrations lie. They then use these insights to make smart decisions about how the Beautify website should be laid out and designed.
The UI designer
With the user journey mapped out by the UX designer, the user interface (UI) designer is responsible for all the visual and interactive elements that guide the user through this journey. What touchpoints does the customer use to navigate from A to B? How do they move from one screen to another? What happens when they click a certain button or swipe from right to left? How can patterns, color, and spacing be used to guide the user?
- Back-end developers work with databases and infrastructure.