Results for the 18 categories were announced at the highly-anticipated celebration of prestige and innovation.
SINGAPORE – Media OutReach – 2 November 2022 – The prestigious black-tie soirée, the Wine Pinnacle Awards Gala Dinner & Awards Ceremony 2022 celebrated 18 winners of the second edition of Wine Pinnacle Awards presented by Resorts World Sentosa (RWS). The most coveted title of ‘Technical Committee’s Choice’ was presented unanimously to Barbara Banke, Chairman and Proprietor of Jackson Family Wines.
The distinguished event at RWS Resorts World Ballroom in Singapore hosted nearly 500 leading figures and luminaries in the wine world which included distinguished winemakers, top wine professionals, and wine enthusiasts. The much-awaited celebration was the finale of a five-day programme that featured exclusive wine dinners, masterclasses, and a two-day symposium.
Mr Tan Hee Teck, CEO of Resorts World Sentosa, said “It’s a pleasure to see a great variety of guests from all over the world represented here tonight. The diversity on display – both in terms of attendees and the geographical origin of the nominees – beautifully demonstrates the dedication of Wine Pinnacle Awards to celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and excellence. Leading a business, let alone a vintage, to triumph can be an uphill battle, and, as such, we are eager to shine the spotlight on the commitment, ability, and sheer hard work of our deserving nominees and winners. I wish them the best of luck for the future and congratulate them on their win in these prestigious awards.”
A Celebration of Excellence
The 18 winners were celebrated while guests enjoyed an exquisite eight-hands, four-course collaboration dinner, by four internationally renowned chefs: chef Arnaud Dunand Sauthier (2 Michelin stars, Maison Dunand Bangkok), chef Cedric Vongerichten (Wayan, New York), chef Guillaume Galliot (3 Michelin stars, Caprice Hong Kong) and chef Olivier Bellin (2 Michelin stars, L’Auberge des Glazicks). Each course was meticulously paired with exceptional wines from Domaine de Montille, Château Léoville-Las Cases, and Weingut Joh. Jos. Prüm.
The full list of winners can be found in the Annex.
- High-resolution photographs can be downloaded here: PRESS RELEASE ANNEX
- All photographs are to be attributed to Resorts World Sentosa (圣淘沙名胜世界) unless otherwise stated.
- The winners list is published at www.winepinnacle.com
WINE PINNACLE AWARDS 2022 WINNERS
Best 2002, 2004, 2008 Vintage Champagne
- 2008 Louis Roederer, Cristal Millésimé Brut
Best 1999, 2002 Vintage Burgundy Red
- 1999 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, La Tâche Grand Cru Monopole
Best 1996, 1998, 2000 Vintage Bordeaux Red
- 1996 Château Latour
Best 2001, 2004 Vintage Piedmont Red
- 2001 Giacomo Conterno, Monfortino Barolo Riserva DOCG
Best 2004, 2006 Vintage Tuscan Red
- 2004 Tenuta San Guido, Sassicaia Bolgheri
BEST RECENT RELEASES
Best Recent Release: Sauvignon-Blanc
- 2018 Château Margaux, Pavillon Blanc du Château Margaux, Bordeaux, France
Best Recent Release: Riesling
- 2019, Joh. Jos. Prum, Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese, Mosel, Germany
Best Recent Release: Burgundy White
- 2019 Domaine Bonneau du Martray, Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru
Best Recent Release: Chardonnay (ex-Burgundy)
- 2018 Leeuwin Estate, Art Series Chardonnay, Margaret River, Australia
Best Recent Release: Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2018 Ridge Vineyards, Monte Bello, Santa Cruz Mountains, USA
Best Recent Release: Pinot Noir (ex-Burgundy)
- 2018 Tolpuddle Vineyard, Pinot Noir, Tasmania, Australia
Best Recent Release: Rhone Red
- 2016 Château Rayas, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, France
Best Recent Release: Spanish Red
- 2010 Vega Sicilia, Unico Gran Reserva, Ribera del Duero, Spain
Comfort White < 40 Euros
- 2019 Joh. Jos. Prüm, Riesling Wehlener Sonnenuhr, Mosel, Germany
Comfort Red < 40 Euros
- 2019 Domaine Jean Foillard, Morgon, Beaujolais, France
Comfort Rosé < 40 Euros
- 2020 Château Miraval, Côtes de Provence Rosé, Provence, France
BEST FRIEND OF THE EARTH
Best Friend Of The Earth (Winery)
- Domaine Zind-Humbrecht, Alsace, France
Pandemic Hero (Personality)
- Barbara Banke, Chairman and Proprietor of Jackson Family Wines
ABOUT RESORTS WORLD SENTOSA
Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) is home to world-class attractions including Universal Studios Singapore, S.E.A. Aquarium, Dolphin Island and Adventure Cove Waterpark. Complementing the adventure and adrenaline of its theme parks and attractions are six unique luxury hotels, the world-class Resorts World Convention Centre and a casino. RWS also offers world-class entertainment as well as award-winning dining experiences and exciting cuisines from around the world across its acclaimed celebrity chef restaurants. RWS has been named “Best Integrated Resort” since 2011 for the 10th year in a row at the TTG Travel Awards.