After a few weeks of Testing, Twitter has now officially introduced third-party login for all its users. The feature now lets you sign up on Twitter using their Apple or Google accounts.
If your emails are the same, you can link your existing account to your Apple or Google ID or create a separate account to log in with Apple or Google id.
When you choose to sign in on Twitter with your Google or Apple id, you will no longer have to type in your email address or password.
Also note that when you choose to use this route, the profile picture that you use on your Google account is going to be added to your Twitter profile by default. You can always go ahead and remove/change the default profile photo, but I thought you should know.
Twitter says they “wanted to make it easier to sign in to your Twitter account using login info from your Google Account or Apple ID no need to remember extra passwords.”
Users can sign in with Google from their iOS, Android devices, as well as from the browser while signing in with an Apple id is only available for Apple devices.
How to sign up with Your Google on Twitter
- Open the Twitter app or website.
- Tap on the ‘Continue with Google’ option on the login page.
- You will see a “choose an account” pop-up.
- Choose the account you would like to add. If you don’t see the account you want to use, click on ‘Add account’.
- You can also customize your settings in the ‘Customise your experience’ pop-up box.