How to Withdraw Interest from the Hustler Fund

The Hustler Fund program, a digital financial inclusion initiative in Kenya, has started crediting interest earned on customer savings. This move is part of the fund’s commitment to promoting a culture of saving and investment among Kenyans.

The Retirement Benefits Authority regulates 70% of the fund’s assets, while the remaining 30% are under the Capital Markets Authority.

The Hustler Fund offers an annual interest rate of 8% on customer savings. The interest earned on these savings is credited to the customers’ accounts, providing them an additional income stream. Here’s how you can withdraw your interest from the Hustler Fund:

Step 1: Check Your Savings

Before withdrawing your interest, you need to check the amount of savings in your Hustler Fund account. You can do this by

  1. Dial *254# on your phone.
  2. Select Hustler Fund
  3. Select Personal Loan
  4. Choose Savings
  5. You can then check both your long-term and short-term savings balance here

Also Read: Ruto Unveils Hustler Fund Phase 2, How to Borrow Up to KSh 1m

On your smartphone

  1. Open the M-Pesa app
  2. Open the Hustler Fund mini App
  3. Enter Your Pin
  4. Both Your long-term and short-term savings will be displayed below your loan balance and loan limit.

Step 2: Determine Your Eligibility

You can only withdraw your short-term savings from the Hustler Fund. However, you cannot withdraw your short-term savings if you have not paid 30% of any existing loan. Long-term savings can only be withdrawn as per a person’s age.

Step 3: Withdraw Your Savings

To withdraw your savings,

  1. Dial *254#
  2. Select Hustler Fund
  3. Select Personal Loan
  4. Choose Savings
  5. Select Short-term savings
  6. Select withdraw
AlSO READ:  YouTube Cracks Down on Ad Blockers, Threatens to Cut Off Video Playback

On your smartphone

  1. Click Short-term Savings
  2. Select withdraw to M-Pesa
  3. You can also choose to Transfer the funds to your Long-term savings.

Please note that the Hustler Fund borrowers can only access their savings after one year. Only 30% of the total money saved will be accessible. The remainder, which is 70%, is saved for the long term up to the retirement age which is 60 years.

Follow Techspace Africa on Facebook and Twitter. For the latest news, tech news, breaking news headlines, reviews and live updates check out tech-space.africa


Nigel Jr.
As a tech enthusiast and expert, Nigel Jr. is dedicated to providing in-depth and insightful content on all things technology. With a background in online journalism, product reviewing, and tech creation, Nigel has become a trusted source for all things tech.

You may also like